Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 0.920000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
The Registered Nurse in Critical Care delivers direct patient care to patients in ICU Unit based on Nursing Process and provides direction to non-licensed personnel within the department. The registered nurse is a designated professional nurse who provides daily nursing care to patients following established policies, procedures, and standards of practice. The RN coordinates patient care through assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation. The RN participates in patient and family teaching. The RN provides leadership by working cooperatively with health care team members and maintaining standards for professional practice in the clinical setting. The RN supports high quality care through participation and implementation of quality initiatives.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nursing program
- BSN preferred
- Current BLS validation
- Current New York registration as a Registered Professional Nurse
- ACLS training required within one-year of Hire/transfer
- Successful completion of rhythm text within 90 days of hire
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Current Critical Care Nurse experience with a minimum of one (1) year critical care clinical experience strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Demonstrated clinical ability
- Must be organized in maintaining workflow.
- Must possess patience and maturity in dealing with patients and families as well as medical staff and other hospital personnel
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.
- Moderate physical effort required, may engage in activities requiring prolonged standing, walking, close machine/instrument work or lifting, pushing, pulling supplies or equipment.