Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 2Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.400000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Rotation - 4p-8p and 4p-9p
Under the direction of the Director of Admissions, and according to specific procedures, the telephone operators operate a console telephone switchboard in order to relay incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls; performs various hospital communications and clerical duties.
- High School diploma or GED
- One year switchboard experience, preferably in a Hospital setting.
- Must possess excellent/effective communication/interpersonal skills
- Must be able to deal with the Public, Medical Staff and Hospital Personnel in a courteous and professional manner
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions and have the ability to exercise good judgement in decision making.
- Must possess the stamina for sitting for prolonged periods of time