Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 3Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.613300Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Coordinates total nursing care for the patient by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating. Participates in patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary, nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the Emergency Department.
Responsibilities:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
For new hires/transfers only
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nursing Program, BSN preferred
- Current registration as registered nurse in New York State
- Current BLS validation
- ACLS validation within six (6) months of hire/transfer
- PALs certification required within one (1) year of hire/transfer
- Successful completion or successful challenge of Cardiac Rhythm exam within six (6) months of hire/transfer
- One (1) year previous patient care experience in a healthcare or hospital setting
- All current ED employees, external hires and transfers will complete and maintain the National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification (NIHSS) within twelve (12) months from date of hire/transfer with recertification every two (2) years
- Completion of assigned ENA modules prior to the completion of ED RN Orientation
- Completion or successful challenge of ER-BKAT within six (6) months of hire/transfer
** Those hired/transferred with only one year previous patient care experience in a healthcare or hospital setting will be expected to participate in, and successfully complete, the ED Residency Program.KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Participates in educational conferences and upgrades and maintains professional knowledge and skills related to the area of responsibility, maintains confidentiality, understands legal aspects of the job function, and adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Role involves a variety of problems to be solved under general guidelines, and calls for a variety of decisions, some of which are complex and must be referred to a resource person.
- Assists in directing a small group of employees performing similar or related tasks of semi-skilled nature.
- Instructs employees.
- Assigns, evaluates performance, and maintains efficiency of staff assigned to him/her.
- Have obligations to conserve supplies, equipment and time in a cost-effective environment.
- Required to participate and respond to disaster drills and actual disaster situations.
- Good mental and physical health
- The ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required
- May also be exposed to communicable diseases