Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days and EveningsHours:
7a-3p / 11a-7p
The role of the Senior Clinical Advisor is that of an educator, evaluator, collaborator/resource, leader and change agent. Acts as a clinical resource with advanced theory, clinical knowledge, and skills in Emergency Department services. The main focus is accountability for the continuing advancement of practice skills and knowledge of personnel and standardization of best practices and policies. This responsibility includes appropriate utilization of human, fiscal and other resources, compliance with regulatory and professional standards, strategic planning and fostering interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships between the patient care areas as well as participation in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient education processes/programs and collaborates with EMS (Emergency Medical Services). Responsible for the ongoing assessment of the learning needs of the Emergency Department Registered Nurses, Nursing Assistants and Unit Clerks and development and implementation of educational Emergency Department programs. Responsible for policy and procedure updates and revisions. Assists with the Performance Improvement program. Promotes and supports system integration efforts.
- Graduate of accredited professional nursing program;
- Current New York State RN licensure;
- BSN required; Masters preferred;
- CEN certification required within 3 years of hire;
- BLS certification required; and
- ACLS certification required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Five (5) years Emergency Department nursing experience required;
- Three (3) years experience teaching or precepting adult learners required;
- Membership in professional organization required within 1 year of hire.
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, nursing staff, and the interdisciplinary team;
- Ability to extract information from the medical record and submit data on Core Measures;
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Interdisciplinary Team to explain areas for improvement; and
- Basic knowledge of Performance Improvement process.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.