Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
7:00a-3:00p, 10:00a-6:00p, Noon-8:00p
The Operating Room Technician, under the direct guidance of the registered nurse, assists in the care and safety of perioperative patients. He or she functions as a member of the perioperative team responsible for assembly of case supplies, creating and maintaining the sterile field and assisting the surgeon throughout the procedure by providing the sterile instruments and supplies required. Works cooperatively with ancillary departments and other team members. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or Accreditation Bureau of Health Education School (ABHES) accredited surgical technology program required.
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) credentials administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
- Must maintain 15 hours of continuing education hours per year for all surgical technologists.
- Associates hired into an Operating Room Technician position prior to January 1, 2015 are required to maintain 15 hours of continuing education annually.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Previous experience in an operating room preferred.
- Appropriately and safely operates multiple instruments and equipment during the intra-operative phase.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Available for extra and on call duties.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.