Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 1Status:
Temporary FTE: 1.060000Bargaining Unit:
IUOE Local 17Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
7:00am to 3:30pm
Installs, repairs, tests and maintains electrical equipment, circuits, motors, controls, VFD's and transformers.
Inspects electrical lighting, fire alarm, signal and power systems, including emergency generation and power. Test adjusts, calibrates and maintains a wide variety of control equipment, including central heating plant boiler controls and for a wide variety of other equipment and systems. Maybe required to work outside the normal job classification to facilitate workflow.
- High school graduate
- Technical/electrical training, trade school, experience in a 2 year apprenticeship program or military (naval) training as an electrician required.
- Licensed electrician preferred
- NFPA 70E certification required (National Fire Protection Agency certification)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Five (5) years experience working as a journeyman electrician or equivalent work experience in a commercial, industrial and or hospital setting.
- Solid state / logic / PLC (Programmable Logic Controls) / VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) experience required.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, schedule forms or blueprints.
- Knowledge of electrical theory, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of mathematics, applicable standards, National Electrical Code and including regulatory agencies related to the electrical field.
- Able to interpret electrical wiring circuit diagrams, architectural blueprints and schematics.
- Must have switching / trouble shooting experience with primary power 2KV thru 69KV.
- Ability to operate all emergency power generation and transfer equipment.
- Ability to safely switch low voltage equipment 120V thru 600V.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Frequent exposure too many disagreeable physical conditions.
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions.