Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 2Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.600000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Variable start 12 pm to 4 pm; Variable end 8 pm to 12 am
Transport patients between nursing units, diagnostic areas, morgue, to lobby for discharges as well as other locations within the hospital. Transfer patients from ICU and MRU.
In conjunction with Clinical staff and Patient Care staff, assists in expediting procedures by utilizing appropriate equipmentto transport and providenon-technical care to patients and maintain designated levels of equipment.
- High School graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.) required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Positions will be entry level and require no previous practical experience prior to hire
- Individuals will be trained by the employer
- Once employed, there will be a period of orientation and training to the specific duties and responsibilities of the positions in order to perform the job competently
- At the end of the orientation period employees will be required to demonstrate competency
- If an appropriate level of competency has not been reached additional training may be required
- Good general health necessary in order to stand and walk most of the day
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to use a telephone
- Must be able to take direction from a manager or supervisor or designee
- Ability to work closely with people, often necessitating lifting or aiding patients in walking
- Must be able to operate a pager or other communication device
- Must be able to tell time and follow a time -based schedule to perform job tasks
- Must be able to demonstrate core values of the Catholic Health System and Mercy Hospital
- Communicates appropriately with peers, supervisors, and physicians
- Demonstrates a supportive team spirit
- Must be able to deal appropriately with stressful/adverse situations and / or patients
- May be exposed to disagreeable conditions including but not limited to odors, blood, body excrement, etc.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases
- Clean, well-lighted, heated, and ventilated surroundings
- Activity includes lifting, stooping, constant walking
- Finger and hand dexterity and visual and aural and olfactory acuity to recognize changes in patients' condition
- The ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.