Trinity PC KenmoreShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
Trinity MedicalExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
8-4:30 5 days or 8-6:30 4 days per week
The Care Coordinator is a member of the interdisciplinary team that influences and achieves optimal clinical and resource outcomes. This is achieved by identifying and stratifying the patient population in accordance with the Trinity population care management program and providing proactive care management services to high risk patients with chronic health conditions in order to: reduce the burden of illness, improve compliance with evidence based clinical guidelines, encourage patient self-management, increase coordination of care, increase the utilization of resources and services across the continuum and improve patient experience of care while reducing the total cost of care. The Care Coordinator serves as a change agent for clinical performance and process improvement and provides operational and clinical support to the site Office Manager.
- Graduate of an accredited school of licensed practical nursing required.
- Current, unrestricted licensure by New York State required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum of (1) year experience in an acute care or physician office (primary care or specialty) setting is required.
- Previous case, disease, or utilization management experience preferred.
- Ability to use an electronic medical record (EMR), patient registry and running reports from an EMR
- Effective verbal and communication skills
- Solid command of the English language
- Ability to teach, motivate and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a interdisciplinary team to facilitate the efforts of the primary care team to assist patients in meeting their goals
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal relationship and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates understanding of evidence based guideline (EBG) and knowledge of EBGs adopted by the practice
- Understands and applies performance improvement methods to support the practice in attaining CMP CI Plan goals
- Ability to convey complex clinical information in a simple, concise way
- Ability to evaluate patient readiness to change
- Ability to facilitate patient development of SMART goals in a patient centric care plan
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures and socioeconomic conditions
- Actively listens to others to understand their perspective and ensure understanding regardless of barriers
- Critical thinking capability
- Ability to handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Knowledge of community resources
- Occasional local travel between sites may be required
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient elements
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
- Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness)
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations in a physician office setting
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Subject to many interruptions
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours, handles absentee replacement on short notice, flexibility in scheduled working hours/days to meet needs of clinic
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced office environment, occasional extreme heavy physical effort (lift/carry 50 lbs. or more)