Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph CampusShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1168Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and EveningsHours:
3- 10.5 hr shifts (7:00-5:30pm, 830-7:00pm) 1- 8 hr shift (7:00-3:00pm. 9:00-5:00pm, 11:00-7:00pm)
Anticipates and fulfills needs, coordinates activities in room, and communicates effectively with staff and others. Assures that documentation is appropriate, accurate, and complete. Collaborates with other disciplines to revise patient care plan according to changing patient needs Ensures individual skills are current by attending relevant education program, maintaining status
- Current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York.
- BSN strongly preferred
- Within ninety (90) days of beginning a job in Ambulatory Surgery Unit, the employee will complete the Arrhythmia Interpretation course.
- ACLS received within one (1) year of starting a position in the Ambulatory Surgery Unit.
- PALS preferred and recommended.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York with a minimum of one (1) year of acute care experience.
- One (1) year of operating room experience or completion of a post graduate perioperative program preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff including physicians, etc.
- The position required heavy physical demands of lifting, positioning patients and moving equipment.
- Works on a nursing unit and in patient rooms