Trinity Cardio CheektowagaShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
Trinity MedicalExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
6:30-2:30 8:30-4:30 9-5 7:15-3:15
The Medical Receptionist is under the direct supervision of the office manager or practice administrator to optimize patient experience by performing a number of duties, including greeting patients, scheduling patients, bookkeeping, answering and routing calls, accepting payments, and maintaining patient accounts. May take direction from team lead as appropriate.
- High School diploma or GED required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Preferred one (1) year experience working within a health care setting in which the primary responsibilities involved the completion of clerical, general office, patient accounting and reception oriented tasks
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Strong customer service and telephone skills
- General knowledge of medical insurance, health maintenance organizations and other health care related topics
- General knowledge of medical office procedures and terminology including ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Proficient in computer skills, including the use of a computer (keyboarding and the mouse), Microsoft Word and email
- Desire and skill to meet the needs of the patient
- Possesses organization, communication (written and verbal) and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities and maintain composure while working under demanding conditions which may involve supporting multiple objectives. Can adapt to changing circumstances.
- Possesses basic mathematical and analytical abilities
- Working knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Highly motivated and willing to contribute skills and ideas for the overall improvement of the department
- Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home, with MIPS, HEDIS requirements preferred (Primary Care)
- Ability to travel to and work at other Trinity Medical facilities and/or physician practice offices
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions.