Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
The Nurse Manager, under the leadership and in collaboration with the Director, Rehab Services, Director of Nursing, Patient Care Services, is responsible for the planning, priority setting, coordination and evaluation of programs of patient care for the designated rehabilitation populations. The Nurse Manager fosters collaborative relationships with the interprofessional team. The Nurse Manager assumes responsibility for the management of fiscal and material resources. Abiding by Kenmore Mercy Hospital and Catholic Health Mission and Values, the Nurse Manager has 24 hours accountability and responsibility for the human resource and outcome management for designated rehabilitation populations. The Nurse Manager supports, plans, implements, and evaluates the goals and policies of Kenmore Mercy Hospital and Catholic Health.
- Graduate of accredited professional nursing program
- Current RN licensure in State of New York
- Baccalaureate in nursing required. MSN preferred
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- Certification in Rehab Nursing strongly preferred within two (2) years of hire date
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Three (3) or more years of rehab or related clinical nursing experience/charge nurse experience
- Leadership experience preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- All individuals responsible for the assessment, treatment or care of patients must be competent in the following, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served:
- The ability to obtain information and interpret this information in terms of the patient's needs.
- Knowledge of growth and development.
- Understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel, as well as physicians, families, visitors, and to manage the activities of a diverse group of professional, nonprofessional, and clerical employees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and possesses active listening skills.
- Analytical ability to identify opportunities for improvements as well as positive problem resolution. Maintains deadlines for coordination of data collection.
- Teaching abilities to promote optimum orientation and continuing education to staff.
- Has current knowledge of rehabilitation health care trends and issues and provides regular updates to hospital and work area environment.
- Able to use computer programs and other office equipment as necessary
- Knowledge of budget and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions