Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.600000Bargaining Unit:
SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Evenings Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Primary 4p-8p and 12p-8p/Secondary 7a-3p
Performs a variety of duties related to the cleaning and sanitizing of food service dishes, utensils, pots and pans, equipment, work areas and floors used in all food preparation and service functions. Performs a limited number of job duties related to the preparation, service and transport of food. Collects and disposes of trash and similar debris. Replenishes supplies to designated work areas to assure adequate quantities and to prevent interruption in service. Assists with set up and clean up for food service functions.
Complies with Hospital Mission, Patient Bill of Rights, established Hospital and department policies, procedures, practices and objectives; standards for hygiene and personal appearance; standards for food safety; quality improvement program; safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Less Than High School required.
- High School or equivalent preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- No prior food service training or experience is required
- One (1) - three (3) months food service experience preferred
- Ability to read, write, follow oral and written instructions and communicate clearly with others
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/power equipment
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Exposed to hot or noisy equipment
- Exposed to hazards of steam and heat
- Exposed to heat, wetness, odors in kitchen areas and/or patient areas
- Exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements
- May be exposed to toxic chemicals
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances
- Required Protective Equipment:
- Non-Sterile Food-Service Gloves
- Lab Coat or Apron
- Eye Protection
- Utility Gloves
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.