Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 3Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Nights with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
11:30 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides nursing care to acutely ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Maintains nursing unit organization and flow through performance of clerical support functions.
- High school graduate
- Phlebotomy/glucometry competency within 90 days of hire/transfer
- BLS within three (3) months of hire/transfer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One year patient care experience required
- Or one year nursing unit clerk experience required
- Or one semester of nursing clinical experience, successfully completed
- Or four semesters of nursing program didactic/lectures, successfully completed
- Computer literate, knowledge of windows
- Ability to read with comprehension
- Desire and skill to meet the needs of the patient in the acute care setting
- Continuous awareness of need for safety measures in patient care
- Assist other hospital staff in direct patient care
- Ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required
- Obligation to conserve supplies, equipment and time in a cost-effective environment
- May also be exposed to communicable diseases
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.