Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph CampusShift: Shift 2Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1168Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and EveningsHours:
Variable shifts b/w 6A -8P
Performs a wide variety of duties and functions to prepare, measure, season, cook, assemble and serve foods for patients/residents, staff, and visitors. Follows standardized recipes for food consistency, and menu guidelines. Adheres to temperatures and safe food handling practices. Performs cleaning and sanitizing duties to work areas, equipment, and wares. Transports equipment, meals and supplies to various destinations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum Experience - Three (3) years cooking either in healthcare or hospitality industries.
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate
- Ability to read and tell time
- Ability to perform basic Math functions
- Ability to demonstrate culinary skills, use related equipment and knowledge of applicable standards
- Considerable physical effort (lifts/carry 25 pounds or more.)
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking.
- Lifts supplies/equipment.
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts equipment/supplies.
- Manual dexterity and mobility required.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment.
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals.
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases.
- Subject to burns and cuts.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Exposed to hazards of steam and heat.
- Exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements.
- Subject to standing and walking most of the workday.
- Extreme Cold: temperature cold enough to cause marked bodily discomfort.
- Extreme Heat: temperature hot enough to cause bodily discomfort.
- Moisture: frequent contact to water or other liquids.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.