Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
variable between 7:00am to 6:00pm
Summary:This is a multispecialty surgical first-assist position with inpatient post-op rounding responsibilities.
The Physician Assistant is a dependent health care provider who, working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary health team, is responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients. All duties and responsibilities must be accomplished with the guidelines of the established protocols and in accordance with the Physician Written Practice Agreement as required by New York State.
- Licensed Physician Assistant in New York State
- Current NYS license
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree as a Physician Assistant
- Infection Control Training certificate desired
- Board Certification by NCCPA required
- Meets credentialing requirements as appropriate through the Medical Staff office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year surgical experience preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a stressful situation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Respond to surgical on-call emergencies.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.