Mercy Ambulatory Care CenterShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.600000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
8:00am to 4:00pm
The Service Representative greets patients, registers demographic and insurance information into computer system, schedules appointments, and performs other duties to meet patient and office needs including coding, typing, copying, faxing and transcription.
- High School Graduate (with courses in typing and English) or GED equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Six (6) months to one year clerical work experience required
- Medical office situation preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Handles office equipment and supplies
- Able to work well in stressful situations and conditions of frequent interruption
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases, occasional exposure to unpleasant patient elements, contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances, may be exposed to patient elements, exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness), subject to varying and unpredictable situations, handles emergency or crisis situations, subject to many interruptions, occasionally subjected to irregular hours, occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries, handles absentee replacement on short notice, may be exposed to toxic chemicals due to photocopier, flexibility in scheduled working hours/days to meet needs of unit.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.