Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
The Vice President, Patient Care Services (VP) of Mercy Hospital of Buffalo has the authority and responsibility to ensure an optimal achievable quality of nursing care to patients and their families. The Vice President, Patient Care Services provides executive leadership for Cardiac, Neuroscience and Emergency wide nursing services. This role contributes to the development and execution of the System's Strategic Plan. Provides leadership, direction and administration of patient care services (nursing care) in assigned areas of responsibility: acute inpatient care including: ICU, CVICU, System Emergency Departments, MACC-Immediate Treatment; Perioperative Services, including Operating Room, PACU, Ambulatory Surgery Unit, MAPU and the Outpatient Department; Medical Surgical to include Oncology, General Medical-Surgical Units, Telemetry Units, and Orthopedics. Is responsible for the coordination of standards of care and practice in Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing Facility, Cardiac and Neuroscience Programs as well as Radiology. Assumes total administrative responsibility for the institution when assigned administrative call or when delegated by the President. Recommends changes in policy & practice, facilities and programs in order to achieve the hospital's mission. Is responsible for the nursing care at satellite facilities and works with both satellite administrators and primary care practice administration in a matrix relationship. The VP creates the enterprise-wide nursing vision and leads elements of the strategic initiatives ensuring optimization of cost, quality, and efficiency; caregiver engagement across all entities and the execution of resource strategies. The VP works under the direction of the Ministry President /Chief Executive Officer.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Master's degree required, if not in nursing, either a baccalaureate degree or doctoral degree must be in nursing
- Current registration with the New York State Education Department as a Registered Professional Nurse
- Certification in Nursing Administration, advanced preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Progressive patient care services management positions
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience at a Director level - tertiary experience required
- Proven achievement of significant improvement in Patient Experience
- Top decile performance in quality
- Magnet status
- Union experience
- Proven financial success
- Leading, managing and supervisory skills
- Interpersonal and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Analytical ability
- Clinical knowledge
- Capacity management
- Change theory, hospital operations
- Uses data to make changes
- Highly visible style
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.