Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
6 am - 7 am variable start. The associate may be responsible for taking call/offs. Responsibilities include assistance with Outreach Office management, and assistance with Outreach PSC management.
Provides adequate guidance, direction and supervision for specimen collection, receipt, registration, and triage. Oversees the inpatient and outpatient phlebotomy activities. Coordinates activities among various groups including medical, clinical, and support. Organizes workflow so that maximum productivity is achieved. Acting as the Quality Systems Manager for a specific site or area of responsibility, performs and documents QA activities as defined by Laboratory Administrative and Medical Leadership.
- A.A.S. in Science or Medical Laboratory Technology, or other appropriate discipline
- NYS Licensure preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Four (4) years of experience in a clinical laboratory, or equivalent physician lab, clinical research lab, or medical office supervision
- Demonstrated experience in customer relations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience in venipuncture and sample collection techniques
- Demonstrates strong leadership and ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrates the ability to develop professional relationships with physicians, administration, staff and all customers
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work with infectious and/or hazardous material
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills, i.e. MS Word, Excel
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions
- Schedule flexibility
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.