Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Weekender FTE: 0.400000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
7:00am to 3:00pm
The Unit Clerk performs receptionist and clerical functions under the supervision of the Charge Nurse. The Unit Clerk provides clinical support to the nursing department. The Unit Clerk's duties include communication within the department and to ancillary departments. The Unit Clerk is the unit's greeter to assist families as needed. The Unit Clerk has strong phone etiquette skills and directs all incoming phone calls. The Unit Clerk supports unit organization through supply ordering and work order placement and participates in regulatory rounds/requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Previous experience with medical terminology preferred.
- Previous computer experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to relate well with other people
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to perform technical aspects of the job with equipment, i.e., computers, fax machines.
- Ability to work across Service Line
- Ability to meet unit demands for increased census and acuity