Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Monday to Friday, 8-4 flexible
The System Director, Musculoskeletal Services is responsible for the overall operational, financial and clinical performance of musculoskeletal practices, functioning in a dyad team with the Medical Director to manage practices within the Physician Enterprise. The System Director, Musculoskeletal Services is responsible for overseeing the practice management functions of Trinity Medical musculoskeletal practices ensuring consistent and reliable operations in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures. To effectively maximize efficiency of operational and clinical components of patient care the System Director, will participate in initiatives that help to develop provider relationships that drive timely high quality patient care. Together with the Medical Director, the System Director develops a clinical support staffing plan, provider on-call schedules and hospital services coverage schedule that are equitable and meets the needs of system and the providers.
As the Dyad Partner of the System Chief of Musculoskeletal services, this role will also support and participate in department committees, be accountable for the continued development and execution of services within Catholic Health (CH) through clinical standardization, definition of scope of services at each site, detail scope of practice for clinical providers an expansion of activities within the employed practice to increase market share. Together, the dyad team ensures that the needs of Catholic Health/Trinity patients are met by providing access to timely high quality care while delivering an excellent patient experience.
In conjunction with Finance and Budget team, the System Director develops the annual capital and operating budgets for areas of responsibility, and manages the practices to meet or exceed budgeted performance expectations. Variances to revenues and expenses MTD and YTD will be noted and explained, and appropriate forecasting provided to Physician Enterprise Leadership on a monthly basis.The System Director shall collaborate with revenue cycle leaders and managers to demonstrate excellence in revenue cycle performance with timely reporting to providers and system leaders.The System Director shall address and resolve all issues pertaining to practice operations in accordance with established budgets and policies and procedures. As a leader shall demonstrate visibility and build trust among all team members; promote the use of information technology and systems; participate in development goals; collaborate with development of new clinical and other programs; integrate newly acquired physician practices; and complete other duties as assigned. Together with the medical director maintains and reviews current and new technologies, ensures regulatory compliance, explores research opportunities, and builds evidence based care protocols.
The System Director is accountable to the Physician Enterprise (PE) Leadership. Critical to the success of this role is collaboration with providers, other CH leaders and managers. The System Director will partner with providers to develop strategic objectives for growth, excellence, market differentiation, and multi-specialty clinical collaboration across the system. The System Director will develop and assist with implementation of initiatives to support the strategic objectives. Working collaboratively with the medical director to provide high quality for patients which span the continuum of care. Through direct-indirect and matrix relationships collaborates with providers both employed and community to increase referral network providing through outreach and relationship development.
- Master's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or other related field of study
- MBA, MHA, MSM, or MSHA, preferred
- Certification: Fellow or Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) in American College of Medical Practice Executives preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive management experience, which includes musculoskeletal services working with a health system owned multispecialty group or independent physician practice
- Must have knowledge of operational practice management, finance, regulatory and reporting requirements
- Strong knowledge and experience working in physician practice operations, strong financial management skills that include P&L responsibility and working knowledge of revenue cycle, recruitment, clinical services management and regulatory standards
- Knowledge of medical practices and reimbursement policies
- Accomplished at establishing trust, developing strong working relationships with a range of audiences including executives, managers, physicians, business leaders, academic and community professionals
- Demonstrated change management skills in a complex environment
- Demonstrated track record of success in financial performance and success in a clinical setting, including significant P&L responsibility, strategic market share growth and revenue enhancement opportunities
- Clinical Experience in musculoskeletal preferred
- Strong financial, analytical and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of NYS Department of Health Regulations
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations required
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving and decision making
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with physicians, administrators, patients, and associates
- Ability to function effectively within a team; a hands-on leader
- Ability to create an atmosphere which encourages motivation, innovation, and high performance
- Frequent travel to between sites
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs