Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days and EveningsHours:
Variable shifts b/w 6A - 8P
Promote, monitor and maintain a positive service culture. Coordinates, directs, supervise department activities to include food preparation, production, assembly, service and distribution for patients/residents, associates, visitors and others (including guests or catered events). Ensure adherence to standardized recipes, menus and safe handling practices. Organize cleaning and sanitizing of work areas, equipment, and small wares. Provides input to department leadership regarding departmental operations. Assist in obtaining operational goals, including but not limited to; food and menu costing, menu planning, staff training and evaluation, purchasing and budgeting.
Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with established hospital and department policies, procedures and objectives, standards for hygiene and personal appearance; CHS Mission; performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- High School graduate
- A.A.S degree in Food Service Management or related field required
- In lieu of degree, equivalent training obtained through work experience will be acceptable
- HACCP/Serf - Safe certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY:
- One-year Healthcare and/or Commercial Supervisory Food Service experience preferred
- Experience in food service
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions
- Demonstrates the ability to clearly communicate through written & verbal means
- Demonstrates computer and math skills
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse work group
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and job responsibility
- Able to meet specific time frames and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.