Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Evenings, Days, with call, weekend and holiday rotationHours:
3p-11p, 4p-12a, 7-3p, 9:30-5:30p, 11p-7a on call, holiday and weekend rotation required. will rotate to x-ray
Assists in managing the CT Scan department's daily operations and provides computerized assisted tomographic services as ordered. Performs diagnostic radiographs and images. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation as appropriate to the ages of the patients served, based on the area of clinical practice. May be assigned off-site.
- Accredited Program in Radiologic Technology
- Current NYS Driver's License is required
- Paygrade 10B - until full trained in CT and has fulfilled training qualifications as determined by the Director
- Current NYS License in Radiologic Technology required.
- Current NYS Intravenous contrast administration certificate required
- BLS Required effective 11/1/13
- Any employee hired after 11/1/13 must have and maintain intravenous contrast administration certification and BLS at time of placement. Incumbents in position as of 11/1/13 must be certified in intravenous contrast administration within 60 days or employee will be terminated.
- An additional three (3) month extension is granted to give the date of IV contrast administration certification by 7/7/14. Failure to do so will result in the removal of the technologist from CT Technologist position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) to two (2) years CT Scan experience preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Answers Telephone
- Compile Statistics
- Maintain Filing System
- Schedule Appointments
- Diagnostic Equipment
- Personal Computer
- May be exposed to Infectious and Contagious Diseases
- Exposed to Hazardous Anesthetic Agents, Body Fluids and wastes
- Subject to Electrical and Radiant Energy Hazards
- Exposed to Odorous Chemical and Specimens
- Occasional Exposure to Unpleasant Patient or Unit Elements
- Contact with Patients under a Wide Variety of Circumstances
- Subject to Varying and Unpredictable Situations
- Handles Emergency or Crisis Situations
- Subject to Many Interruptions
- Subject to Long Irregular Hours
- Occasional Pressure Due to Multiple Calls and Inquires
- Required Protective Equipment:
- Lead Apron, Gloves, Shields, Etc.
- Sterile and Non-Sterile Medical Gloves