Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
8:00am to 4:00pm
The Vice President, Patient Care Services (VP) for Sisters of Charity Hospital and Sisters of Charity Hospital, St. Joseph Campus is a member of the senior management team and reports directly to the President of Sisters Hospital. The VP has the primary authority and responsibility for the practice of nursing and the development of nursing services. In addition, the VP has the responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical programs and services in collaboration with medical staff and management at Sisters and Catholic Health. The VP is a results-oriented and mission directed leader focusing on service excellence, patient safety and quality initiative throughout nursing and patient care. The VP is committed to promoting and fostering an accountable, transparent environment that is supportive of staff and promotes their professional development.
- A graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Master's degree required, if not in nursing, either a baccalaureate degree or doctoral degree must be in nursing.
- Current registration with the New York State Education Department as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Certification in Nursing Administration, Advanced preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- A minimum of seven (7) years in a progressively higher level of patient care services management position(s).
- A minimum of three (3) years of work experience at a Director level or above.
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles of administration, nursing theory and practice, familiarity with organization, functions, policies, regulations and procedures of the hospital
- Communicates in effective manner, demonstrates initiative and creativity in solving wide variety of complex and changing problems
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent clinical knowledge on current best practices and standards
- Normal heat, light, space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs
- Intermittent exposure during patient rounds
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.