LIFE PACE OLV Mercy Home CareShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Licensed Practical Nurse works under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse. Performs selected nursing care for participants within the LIFE program. Supports the LIFE clinical team within the clinic, day center and member community. Coordinates medical appointments and provides medical information/forms as needed.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
- Licensed in New York State required
- Minimum of two (2) years combined direct patient care experience as an LPN in any of the following areas:
- Medical/surgical acute care,
- Certified Home Health Care (CHHA),
- Long Term Home Health (LTHHC),
- Minimum of two (2) years direct patient care experience in a program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE Program) will be accepted in lieu of above direct patient care experience.
- Minimum of one year experience providing care to the frail elderly required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Medical office experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with an electronic medical record
- Basic Microsoft Office skill set
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the community, within the county serviced by the agency
- Endures exposure to weather and temperature extremes
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.