Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
The Nurse Assistant (NA) provides basic care to patients by assisting professional patient care givers in meeting identified needs of patients. Performs various patient care activities and provides related non-professional services as required to meet the personal and comfort needs of patients. Maintains a clean, safe, and neat environment. Functions under the supervision of the professional nurse. Performs duties of the job in accordance with hospital policy, standards of care and procedures.
This position is eligible to participate in the THRIVE program that provides education and a Workforce Coach to support them through their first year of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Must meet one of the following criteria: working in nursing home or hospital for one year as a Nursing Assistant, or must be currently a student nurse or must have certification as a Nursing Assistant from an approved program:
- H.H.A. - Home Health Aide
- P.C.A. - Personal Care Aide
- NYS Nurses Aide Certification (100 hours)
- Successful completion of Project Soar PCA Program
- Ability to read with comprehension
- Ability to do simple arithmetic
- Ability to write legibly
- Subject to inside environmental conditions
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.