Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Variable start between 5 am - 6 am with on-call weekend, and holiday rotation. In the event of Critical needs staffing the associate may work in any role based on skill set if needed.
Primary responsibility is specimen collection procedures in a Laboratory Patient Service Center, client's home, nursing homes including, but not limited to, venipuncture and capillary draws.
- High School diploma or GED
- Phlebotomy certificate
- Possess valid NYS Driver's License and have use of a vehicle
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Successful completion of Clinical Phlebotomy rotation and/or six (6) months experience in phlebotomy which includes microcollection and butterfly collection on geriatric and neonate/pediatric patients preferred
- Proof of certification required if experience is less than six (6) months
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused
- Consistently demonstrate a confident and professional manner to coworkers and public
- Able to work safely with infectious and/or hazardous materials
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions due to weather
- Schedule flexibility
- Transporting phlebotomy supplies as needed
- Must be willing to participate in on-call scheduling as needed
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.