Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
rotation between 10:00am-6:00pm and 9:30am-5:30pm with occasional 6:00am-2:00pm and 11:00am-7:00pm
The Registered Nurse of Home Care Admissions is an integral member of the referral team; coordinating home care services for new and existing patients. They will ensure continuity of care and fair distribution of work loads and assign and schedule the initial visit. Must be knowledgeable in professional nursing practices and principles, and competent in the provisions of nursing care.
The RN will have the ability to telephonically assess patients and facilitate a comprehensive referral. The RN possesses the knowledge of Agency services, policies, and procedures, Medicare HIM11 guidelines, third party reimbursement guidelines and to demonstrate the ability to assess and recommend appropriate homecare.
The RN will function as a representative of the home care agency with a good understanding of services available, federal, state, local regulations, and agency policy and procedures, including the patients' financial responsibility. Must be able to demonstrate understanding of insurance reimbursement and communicate this to the patient, families, caregivers and all providers.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, college or university required
- Licensure and current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York required
- BSN Preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Minimum one (1) year relevant experience required
- Certified Home Care experience preferred
- Acute medical surgical experience preferred
- Most possess a valid driver's license and have a car available for work use
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills required, i.e., software appropriate to position, word, excel
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong assessment skills required
- Ability to multi task
- Work is performed in an office setting
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the community, within the county serviced by the agency
- May be exposed to weather and temperature extremes
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.