Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time Bargaining Unit:
SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy and site leadership including the Pharmacy Manager and/or Lead Clinical Pharmacist; and under the supervision of Clinical Pharmacists and -other designated supervisory personnel - performs the activities associated with dispensing pharmaceuticals that are permitted by New York State law for uncertified pharmacy technicians.
- High School diploma or GED
- Six (6) months experience as a pharmacy technician, or graduate of a formal Pharmacy Technician training program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate office equipment, personal computer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine, hospital information systems, automated dispensing units and various other types of pharmacy automation
- Proficient at report generation from various information systems
- Proficiency in metric system and various types of basic math calculations
- Communicates effectively with physicians, nurses and other health professionals in matters pertaining to pharmacy services
- Good manual dexterity (typing).
- Proficient in data entry
- Works in office/warehouse setting with regular trips to patient care areas
- Normal heat, light and safe working environment, typical of most office jobs
- Works at computer intermittently for short periods of time, inputting or retrieving data and generating labels and reports
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.