Father Baker Manor Sub AcuteShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time Flex FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Primarily 8:30a-4:30/9a-5p with coverage for special events/programs up until 9pm
It is the purpose of the Activities Aide to assist in providing social, recreational and other purposeful activities to each resident in the facility in order to stimulate the resident's mental, physical and sensory capabilities to their fullest extent. To enable the residents to foster a sense of usefulness, self-respect and dignity in maintaining their quality of life. To serve as a resource person for information regarding the resident and to encourage and motivate their participation in these programs to they're fullest capacity. May perform duties at both Father Baker Manor and St. Francis Park.
- High School Education preferred.
- CNA certification preferred.
KNOWELDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year experience in health care field preferred
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Clean driving record as defined in the Arrests, Convictions and Criminal Record Background Check policy, HR-105-EMP
- Wheelchair operation and safe usage; ability to push wheelchair for extended periods of time.
- Good driving and vision skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness and non verbal communication.
- Ability to assist in delivery of programs to promote socialization, recreation and enjoyment consistent with residents' individual physical, mental, cultural and ethnic needs.
- Requires personable interactions with staff, residents, visitors and families.
- May be subject to family members, visitors and staff who may be distressed.
- Rotating assignment of weekends, holidays, and evening.
- May be subject to call back to facility as needed.
- May be subject to blood borne pathogens and occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials.
- Normal heat, light, space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions
- Work in office setting, throughout the facility and in various areas during outings.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.