Kenmore Mercy HospitalStatus:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
UFCW Local 1Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend RotationHours:
5:30a-1:30p, 8a-4p, 11:30a-7:30p
Performs a wide variety of duties to include prepare, measure, season, cook, assemble and serve foods for patients/residents, staff, and visitors. Follows standardized recipes for food consistency, and menu guidelines. Adheres to temperatures and safe food handling practices. Performs cleaning and sanitizing duties to work areas, equipment, and wares. Transports equipment, meals and supplies to various destinations
- High School diploma or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Food Service experience preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to read and write English; follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate
- Ability to read and tell time
- Ability to perform basic Math functions
- Ability to demonstrate culinary skills, use related equipment
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment.
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals.
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases.
- Subject to burns and cuts.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Exposed to hazards of steam and heat.
- Exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements
- Subject to standing and walking most of the workday.
- Extreme Cold: temperature cold enough to cause marked bodily discomfort.
- Extreme Heat: temperature hot enough to cause bodily discomfort.
- Moisture: frequent contact to water or other liquids.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.