McAuley Residence SNF Sub AcuteShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
The Graduate Nurse under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse coordinates total patient care through assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating. Participates in patient and family teaching and supports the activities of the clinical personnel on the Sub-Acute or Skilled Nursing Unit. Actively participates in the direct care of the patient, utilizing the Nursing Process to treat patients with a variety of medical and surgical health problems. Collaborates with other health professionals in coordinating patient care and provides direction to other non-licensed personnel within the department.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
- Successful passing of the NYS license boards within four months from hire date
- Required to obtain BLS within four months from hire date
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- On the job training provided or nurse internship
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to perform technical aspects of job with unit-based equipment;
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Role includes a variety of problems to be solved under general guidelines, and calls for a variety of decisions, some of which are complex and must be referred to a resource person.
May be exposed to disagreeable conditions: odors, communicable diseases, infections, and injuries from patients or equipment.