Lockport Memorial HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.500000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
3:00pm to 11:00pm
The primary responsibility of a Patient Access Specialist is to represent Catholic Health (CH) and serve as a front line liaison to our patients in a friendly, positive, and effective manner. Patient Access Specialists greet and assist patients with the registration process throughout Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Lockport Memorial Hospital and ambulatory locations.Additional expectations of this role include providing exceptional customer service, striving to anticipate and meet the needs of consumers, treating all consumers and colleagues with dignity and respect, and working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve quality and performance standards.
Mount St. Mary's consists of multiple locations and associate may be assigned as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY:
- One (1) year of secretarial/clerical experience required OR
- Six (6) months hospital registration or medical office experience preferred
- Must possess general office skills, including but not limited to computer/keyboarding, fax machines and typing at least 30 wpm and/or demonstrated computer proficiency
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Possesses basic customer service skills and empathy while interacting with patients
- Must possess excellent/effective communication/interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with insurance plans; such as Medicare, Medicaid, private & commercial insurance preferred.
- Familiarity with payer eligibility tools preferred
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through required
- Has the ability to maintain composure when interacting with a wide variety of customers and situations
- Highly motivated and willing to contribute skills and ideas for the overall improvement of the department
- Must be flexible and effective in a fast paced/changing healthcare environment
- Able to multitask
- Physically, the employee must demonstrate sufficient hand and finger dexterity for the keyboarding/word processing skills required.
- Must also possess the stamina for sitting, standing or walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to physically maneuver registration equipment efficiently.