Lockport Memorial HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.800000Bargaining Unit:
SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
8am-4pm, with rotation to 7:00am-3:00p.
Provides care to stress lab and radiology patients utilizing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation skills under the direction of a physician in accordance with established policies, practices and standards. Questions, assesses patient and/or reviews patient charts to obtain appropriate history for the exam. Prepares patients and conducts a variety of diagnostic procedures in the cardiac stress lab and radiology. May participate in other diagnostic procedures in the cardiology department, administration of medications in the Echo Lab.May assist in directing, coordinating, or the delivery of patient care throughout cardiology, and radiology.
Mount St. Mary's Hospital consists of multiple locations and associate may be assigned as needed.
- Graduate of accredited nursing program.
- License to practice Nursing in New York State.
- BSN strongly preferred.
- Must be ACLS certified within one (1) year of employment in the department.
- Valid BLS required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Must have five (5) years of acute care nursing experience.
- Must have three (3) years Cardiology experience.
- Must be capable of administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillation.
- Must be proficient in starting intravenous lines.
- Must be skilled in EKG rhythm interpretation.
- Work requires precision in recording and preparing data, recognizing that errors may have serious consequences for patients.
- Must pay strict attention to detail and maintain alertness to detect evidence of irregularities in tracings as well as equipment malfunctions.
- Must be organized in maintaining workflow.
- Must possess patience and maturity in dealing with patients and families as well as medical staff and other hospital personnel.
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions.
- Exposure to patients who may be confused or combative
- Exposure to patients with infectious diseases.
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.