Trinity Cardio CheektowagaShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
Trinity MedicalExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
7:30-3:30, 8:00-4:00, 8:30-4:30, 9:00-5:00
Clinical support position involving patient assessment, patient education, care documentation and disease management activities under the direct supervision of Physicians and/or Midlevel Providers. Work responsibilities are primarily conducted in an outpatient medical office setting and/or on the telephone.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current New York State Licensure
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS, or completion required within 3 months of employment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) to three (3) years current medical/surgical nursing experience required, experience in Cardiology is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, office procedures and pertinent equipment is necessary.
- Cardiovascular System knowledge including anatomy, physiology, diseases, treatment and medications is preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be responsible and self-motivated.
- Possess organization, written & verbal communication skills and time management skills.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Ability to perform Electrocardiograms (EKG) and Blood Pressure Checks
- Knowledge of standard practices, rules, and regulations related to nursing.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, aseptic technique.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Competent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team, patients, and community representatives.
- Ability to evaluate acute/ non-acute situations;
- Possess a problem-solving approach and apply good judgment
- Ability to travel to and work at other Trinity Medical facilities and/or physician practice offices.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases, occasional exposure to unpleasant patient elements, contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
- May be exposed to patient elements
- Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness)
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Handles emergency or crisis situations, subject to many interruptions
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Handles absentee replacement on short notice
- May be exposed to toxic chemicals due to photocopier
- Flexibility in scheduled working hours/days to meet needs of the practice.
- Work is performed in an office environment with normal light, heat and air.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.