Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 3Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.666667Bargaining Unit:
SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Nights with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
7:00pm to 7:30am
The Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care under the direction of a Registered Nurse and Nurse Manager. The SUD LPN will observe, measure, record and report clinical data related to the patient's health status in a timely and complete manner. Provide support and health teachings to patients in accordance with clinical guidance.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN School of Nursing
- Registered in New York State
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Current nursing license in New York State. License must be in good standing, without restriction.
- Orientation and training will be provided, with the expectation that, within 90 days of employment, the employee will demonstrate a satisfactory level of competence in most areas of performance with minimal supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ABILITY:
- One year work experience in the nursing field preferred.
- One year experience working with SUD or allied field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience specific to clinical/medical documentation and record keeping.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Documentation must be legible, concise, and professional.
- Must demonstrate outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with all patients who present for care, treatment and service.
- Must function as a clinical team member, integrating the Mission, Vision and Values in all interactions.
- Experience with, and aptitude for basic computer skills.