Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.600000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Provides care to stress lab patients utilizing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation skills under the direction of a physician / extender in accordance with established policies, practices and standards. Questions, assesses patient and/or reviews patient charts to obtain appropriate history for the exam. Prepares patients and conducts a variety of diagnostic procedures in the cardiac stress lab. May participate in other diagnostic procedures in the Cardiology department. May assist in directing, coordinating, or the delivery of patient care throughout Cardiology.
- Graduate of accredited nursing program
- License to practice Nursing in New York State
- Must have 2 (two) years of acute care nursing experience.
- Must have 3 (three) years experience in a cardiology related discipline; i.e. Cath Lab RN, Critical Care RN, Telemetry RN, MIU RN, Stress Lab RN., Cardiac Sonographer or Exercise Physiologist.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Validation in BLS required
- Must be ACLS certified within 1 (one) year of employment in the department
- Must be capable of administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillation.
- Must be proficient in starting intravenous lines.
- Must be skilled in EKG rhythm interpretation
- Work requires precision in recording and preparing data, recognizing that errors may have serious consequences for patients.
- Must pay strict attention to detail and maintain alertness to detect evidence of irregularities in tracings as well as equipment malfunctions.
- Must be organized in maintaining workflow.
- Must possess patience and maturity in dealing with patients and families as well as medical staff and other hospital personnel.
- May be required to be available Sunday-Saturday.
- May be required to take evening, night and weekend/holiday call.
- May be required to travel to other CHS affiliated locations.
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions.
- Exposure to patients who may be confused or combative
- Exposure to patients with infectious diseases.