Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.600000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Sunday 7a-3p, Tuesday 8a-4p, Friday 7a-3p, Monday 7a-3p, Wednesday 8a-4p, Saturday 7a-3p
Under the direction of the Director of Admissions, and according to specific procedures, the telephone operators operate a console telephone switchboard in order to relay incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls; performs various hospital communications and clerical duties.
- High School diploma or GED
- One year switchboard experience, preferably in a Hospital setting.
- Must possess excellent/effective communication/interpersonal skills
- Must be able to deal with the Public, Medical Staff and Hospital Personnel in a courteous and professional manner
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions and have the ability to exercise good judgement in decision making.
- Must possess the stamina for sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.