Trinity Cardio WilliamsvilleShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.066666Bargaining Unit:
Trinity MedicalExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
This position works as part of a team responsible for effectively scheduling procedures for Cardiac and Electrophysiology services at Mercy Hospital of Buffalo. Also assists in the scheduling of Diagnostic procedures and tests for patients at Trinity Medical Cardiology offices and affiliated hospitals including St. Joseph's Hospital, Sisters of Charity Hospital, Mt. St. Mary's Hospital, Kenmore Mercy Hospital & Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center in a consistent and timely manner. The post holder will work closely with patients and relatives, health care professionals, physicians, department managers and administrative staff both within and outside the organization. The post holder will be responsible for providing patient education relating to the cardiac procedures to be scheduled. The individual will also help ensure procedure orders are directed to the appropriate clinic with a focus on minimizing patient wait times and maximizing MD efficiency.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration, Medical Office Assistant, Nursing, or Administrative Assistant with medical terminology preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- 3-5 years medical office or healthcare experience required
- Recent computer experience including Microsoft applications required
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in scheduling medical/surgical procedures preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of medical office procedures and terminology preferably related to the cardiology specialty. Technical activity includes use of office equipment, fax, phones, computer, printer and scanner.
- Demonstrates accuracy in typing and data entry.
- Working Knowledge of CPT, HCPS and ICD-10 coding preferred.
- Promotes positive relationships with physician office staff, physicians and nursing staff members throughout the scheduling process.
- Strong Customer service and telephone skills.
- Detailed knowledge of medical insurance, health maintenance organizations and other health care related topics.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with MDs, co-workers and other ancillary departments. Capable of providing support and assistance to colleagues to ensure quality patient care. Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives and maintain good employee relations and interdepartmental objectives.
- Can work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities and maintain composure while working under demanding conditions which may involve supporting multiple objectives, physicians and satellite offices. Can adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all related parties.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prepare qualitative and quantitative reports.
- Ability to travel to and work at other Trinity Medical facilities and/or physician practice offices
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Work is performed in an office environment with normal light, heat and air. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.