Mercy Comprehensive Care CenterShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time Flex FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and EveningsHours:
Monday -Friday eight hour shifts between the hours of 7am-5pm
The Licensed Practical Nurse assigned to the Primary Care Center administers nursing care to the outpatient and is responsible for the delivery of the patient care through the process of planning, implementation and evaluation to the ages of patients served based on the areas of clinical practice, under the direction of the Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Physician. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and staff information.
- Graduate of school of practical nursing.
- Current New York State Licensed Practical Nurse licensure
- Successful completion of pharmacy test
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Experience in pediatrics, OB/GYN, and/or Medicine, depending on location and services offered at site
- Two (2) years current outpatient experience
- Able to work well in stressful situations and conditions of frequent interruption.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases, occasional exposure to unpleasant patient elements, contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances, may be exposed to /occasionally exposed to patient elements, exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness), subject to varying and unpredictable situations, handles emergency or crisis situations, subject to many interruptions, occasionally subjected to irregular hours, occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries, handles absentee replacement on short notice, may be exposed to toxic chemicals due to photocopier, flexibility in scheduled working hours/days to meet needs of unit.
- Occasional extreme heavy physical effort (lift/carry 50 lbs. or more).
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.