Lockport Memorial HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
The Medical Assistant is under the direct supervision of the RN and/or Physician to deliver care to the patient and assist the health care provider.
The Medical Assistant is under the direct supervision of the LPN, RN, NP, Physician Assistant and/or Physician to deliver care to the patient and assist the health care provider.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Associates degree or certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Proficient in computer skills, including the use of a computer (keyboarding and the mouse), Microsoft Word and email
- Medical Terminology
- Mental and physical health sufficient to withstand strenuous activity, bending, lifting, walking
- Hand and finger dexterity to manipulate hospital equipment
- Desire and skill to meet the needs of the outpatient
- Continuous awareness of need for safety measures in patient care
- Must strive for gentle, friendly, cooperative and courteous behavior toward our poor and underprivileged population
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.