Lockport Memorial HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with RotationHours:
Maintains the surgical field through aseptic practices.
Possesses expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combines the knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive, therapeutic, and diagnostic procedures. Under direct supervision of the RN circulator, the surgical technologist may assist with delegated circulator tasks.
Surgical Technologist (CST) credential is achieved by passing the national certification examination administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology required. Required Registration/Certification:The person must meet one of the following:(a) Successfully passed a nationally accredited educational program for surgical technologists; or(b) has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard or Public Health Service Commissioned Corps; or (c) provides evidence that the person was employed as a surgical technologist in a healthcare facility for a cumulative period of one year within the four years immediately prior to the effective date of the law (specifically, January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2014).Those under (c) are deemed grandfathered.
- Effective January 1, 2015, all employees MUST complete 15 hours of CE Credits per year beginningJanuary 1 of each year through December 31. Employees who fail to do so will be terminated.BLS (Basic Life Support) required within one year of hire, and must remain current for duration of employment.
- Graduate from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or Accreditation Bureau of Health Education School (ABHES) accredited surgical technology program required
- Must maintain 15 hours of continuing education hours per year for all surgical technologists
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous experience in an operating room preferred
- Basic Life Support certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The position requires heavy physical demands of lifting, positioning patients and moving equipment
- Works on a nursing unit and in patient rooms