Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with RotationHours:
Primary location 94 Olean - Float 7 am - 3 pm, but Associate may work at any CH Patient Service Center with variable start 6 am - 10 am. In the event of Critical needs staffing the associate may work within CH where needed based on skill set.
Primarily responsible for specimen collection procedures, including but not limited to, venipuncture and capillary draws. Assist in the collection of autologous donors as requested.
- High School diploma or GED
- Successful completion of Clinical Phlebotomy rotation and/or six (6) months experience in phlebotomy which includes microcollection and butterfly collection on both geriatric and neonate/pediatric patients preferred.
- Proof of certification required if experience is less than six (6) months
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Six (6) months experience in phlebotomy which includes microcollection and butterfly collection on both geriatric and neonate/pediatric patients
- Ability to obtain information and interpret this information in terms of the patient's needs
- Customer focused
- Able to work well in stressful situations
- Consistently demonstrate a confident and professional manner to coworkers and the public
- Able to work safely with infectious and/or hazardous materials.