Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.066667Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
M-F 7a - 3p, 8a-4p, 9a-5p
The Physician Assistant is a healthcare provider who, working with the interdisciplinary health team, is responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients. This multifaceted role includes direct patient care, education, consultation, surgical assisting,and research.
The Physician Assistant (PA) will provide clinical care to orthopedic patients in both the out-patient/office and hospital setting. Acts as First Assistant or Second Assistant to surgeon during surgical procedures. The PA will utilize advanced clinical skills and knowledge to assess patients and manage all aspects of care, including ordering of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. He/she will communicate clinical issues to the attending physician on the team, write orders according to standardized procedures/protocols, coordinate and schedule diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and facilitate arrangements for admission to discharge. The PA will interact with interdisciplinary departments to coordinate and schedule services. The PA will work collaboratively with members of the Medicine Department to ensure that continuity of care is maintained between inpatient care and referring physicians. The PA will support/educate clinical nursing staff regarding patient goals and treatment strategies.
- Graduate of an accredited School for Physician Assistants.
- Maintains Certification.
- Meets credentialing requirements as appropriate through the Medical Staff office.
- Maintain BLS/ALCS and CPR certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year clinical practice experience preferred
- Computer literate
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in stressful situations
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Must be able to work in hectic environment making sound decisions at all times.
- Possible On Call coverage