Lockport Memorial HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
primary 7-3p, 9-5p holiday and weekend rotation required
Performs day to day operations of the file room and other file areas and clerical support duties for the department.Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation as appropriate to the ages of patients served based on the area of clinical practice. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.Maintains good relations with patients, medical staff, and other departments as well as other hospitals that use services. Position may include multisite rotations.
Mount St. Mary's Hospital consists of multiple locations and associate may be assigned as needed.
- High School or equivalent.
- One (1) year college study in clerical/secretarial sciences preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- On the job training.
- Medical terminology and accurate typing ability required.
- Six (6) months clerical experience in medical office or hospital setting preferred.
- Answers Telephone
- Compiles statistics Input data into computer programs
- Maintain filing system
- Maintain logs
- Schedule appointments
- Microfiche or microfilm reader/printer
- Personal computer
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
- May be exposed to toxic chemicals
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquires