Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.460000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
6:00a-6:00p, 3 shifts in a pay period (2 weeks)
Performs prescribed procedures of respiratory care under the direction of a physician in accordance with established policies, practices and standards.
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
- Must possess valid New York State Respiratory Therapist license to practice Respiratory Therapy.
- Should possess Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential.
- May work with a limited Respiratory Therapist permit under the direct supervision of a supervising licensed physician or Respiratory Therapist, as outlined in Title VIII Education Law Article 164 section 8506.
- BLS/CPR certification required within three months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Pre-Hire Experience: One (1) year of previous clinical experience preferred, however new graduates with a limited Respiratory Therapist permit will be considered.
- Post-Hire Experience: Orientation and training to the essential functions of the position is expected to be completed during the introduction period.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to assess/interpret patient data and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Frequent exposure to infectious diseases/blood and body fluids.
- Works with a variety of medical gases.
- May require variable work schedules to maintain a 24/7 operation, including overnight shifts and weekend/holiday work time. Responsible to carry/respond to a pager when on duty.