Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
9a-930p, with rotation to 11a-1130p
The Registered Professional Nurse assigned to the Emergency Service Unit is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation as appropriate to the ages of the patients served, based on the areas of clinical practice. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital/staff information. Strives to incorporate the philosophy and mission of Mount Saint Mary's Hospital and to incorporate the Hospital's goal of: Quality care in a personal manner with total regard for individual human dignity.
Mount St. Mary's Hospital consists of multiple locations and associate may be assigned as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required
- RN licensure in New York State
- Must possess current BLS within sixty (60) days from time of placement and must have current ACLS and PALS within twelve (12) months from time of placement.
- Bachelor of Science (BSN) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Two (2) years of recent Medical/Surgical experience as a Registered Nurse; or one (1) year of recent CCU/ICU and/or Emergency Room experience as a Registered Nurse required
- Good human relations and oral/written communication skills required
- Answer telephones
- Maintain logs
- Maintain patient charts
- Research information
- Schedule appointments
- Clinical Computer Information System
- Diagnostic Equipment
- May use power tools
- Working knowledge of all emergency service equipment
- Subject to inside environmental conditions
- Hazards: conditions where there is danger to life, body, and/or health
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.