Father Baker Manor Sub AcuteShift: Shift 2Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
2:00pm-10:00pm may train on day shift.
The Graduate Practical Nurse (GPN) under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse administers nursing care to designated residents. Coordinates and supports the activities of the certified nurse assistants and actively participates in the direct care of the resident, by following the specific approaches as stated in the plan of care.
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing
- Candidate is required to complete the NYS permit application on the Office of Professionals website
- Must pass NYS LPN Exam within 120 days
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITYWORKING CONDITIONS
- Must meet all requirements to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN)
- Long term care experience preferred
- Strenuous positions: pushing, lifting residents, on feet most of the day
- May be exposed to disagreeable conditions: odors, communicable diseases, infections, injuries from residents or equipment