Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.500000Bargaining Unit:
SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
7-3, 730-330, 8-4, 10-6, 3-11, 4-12 on call, Holiday and Weekend Rotation required.
Performs mammography images. Also performs diagnostic medical radiographs and images. May perform duties in other specialty modalities of the department. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation as appropriate to the ages of the patients served, based on the area of clinical practice. May be assigned off-site.
Mount St. Mary's Hospital consists of multiple locations and associate may be assigned as needed
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training required
- Accredited Program in Radiologic Technology required
- Current NYS license in Radiologic Technology required.
- Current NYS Driver's License required
- Must have completed 40 contact hours of documented training in Mammography and/or advanced certification in Mammography, prior to April 1999.
- Must perform 100 quality mammograms per year.
- Employees who float to other departments must possess the competencies/certifications and minimum requirements of that job classification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) to two (2) years Mammography experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communications skills
- Answers Telephone
- Compile statistics
- Maintain Filing System
- Schedule Appointments
- Diagnostic Equipment
- Personal Computer
- May be Exposed to Infectious and Contagious Diseases
- Exposed to Hazardous Anesthetic Agents, Body Fluids and wastes
- Subject to Electrical and Radiant Energy Hazards
- Exposed to Odorous Chemical and Specimens
- Occasional Exposure to Unpleasant Patient or Unit Elements
- Contact with Patients Under a Wide Variety of Circumstances
- Subject to Varying and Unpredictable Situations
- Handles Emergency or Crisis Situations
- Subject to Many Interruptions
- Subject to Long Irregular Hours
- Occasional Pressure Due to Multiple Calls and Inquires
- Required Protective Equipment
- Lead Apron, Gloves, Shields, Etc
- Sterile and Non-Sterile Medical Gloves
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.