Administrative Regional Training CntrShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
The Revenue Management Center supports the revenue cycle for all of the acute care sites and related departments, service lines and business units organized within the acute care site of Mercy Hospital, Sisters of Charity Hospital including the St. Joseph Campus, Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Kenmore Mercy Hospital. Combined this consolidated base has approximately 1065 beds, over 55,400 annual inpatient visits, over 1.346 million outpatient visits and over 163,000 emergency room visits. This consolidation makes up approximately 90% of total Catholic Health net revenue in excess of approximately $1 billion annually.
This position has responsibility for ensuring all patient encounters are followed up on and collected within an expected timeframe. Additionally, all collection efforts must be in compliance with federal, state and contracted payer requirements and regulations as well as the standards established by Catholic Health. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following : (1) Appropriate levels of engagement with the insurance company, state or federal agency, or patient/resident to ensure timely collection for services rendered, (2) Review of all work lists to identify accounts that are aging beyond established thresholds and/or require follow up action for charity care or bad debt processing (3) Active engagement and processing of denied claims or other rebill efforts for follow up or escalation to ensure payment. A high level of customer service is expected in this role at Catholic Health.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) - three (3) years relevant experience in healthcare accounts receivable billing or collection preferred
- Knowledge of billing regulations aligned with payer specialty preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Word and Excel preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Dependable in both production and attendance
- Good communicator
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs
- Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons.