Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
M-F 7:30a-3:30p, 8a-4p, 9a-5p, 10a-6p
The Medical Assistant is under the direct supervision of the LPN, RN, NP, Physician Assistant and/or Physician to deliver care to the patient and assist the health care provider
Mount St. Mary's consists of multiple locations and associate may be assigned as needed.
- Associate's degree or successful completion of an accredited medical assisting program required or three (3) to five (5) years of Medical Assistant experience is required.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within first ninety (90) days of employment
- Previous Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Proficient in computer skills, including the use of a computer (keyboarding and the mouse), Microsoft Word and email
- Medical Terminology
- Mental and physical health sufficient to withstand strenuous activity, bending, lifting, walking
- Hand and finger dexterity to manipulate hospital equipment
- Desire and skill to meet the needs of the outpatient
- Continuous awareness of need for safety measures in patient care
- Must strive for gentle, friendly, cooperative and courteous behavior toward our poor and underprivileged population
WORKING CONDITIONS: May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases, occasional exposure to unpleasant patient elements, contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances, may be exposed to patient elements, exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness), subject to varying and unpredictable situations, handles emergency or crisis situations, subject to many interruptions, occasionally subjected to irregular hours, occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries, handles absentee replacement on short notice, may be exposed to toxic chemicals due to photocopier, flexibility in scheduled working hours/days to meet needs of unit.